Thank you for visiting surveyhoney.com.
SurveyHoney (“SurveyHoney,” “the Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our,” including our affiliates and subsidiaries) values the privacy of our respondents, researchers, site users, and others(collectively “the Users”) who visit and interact with our Site. SurveyHoney is committed toprotecting the security and privacy of all Personal Data (“Personal Data”) collected or receivedby SurveyHoney. We strive to conform our privacy practices with applicable local, state, federal,national, and/or international laws and regulations.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Personally Identifiable Information
We define Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) as any information that could be used to identify a person, such as their name, email address, phone number, or the company for which they work.
In order to establish an account with SurveyHoney, you will need to provide accurate PII in the form of your first and last name, phone number, company name, and email address. In order to receive payment from the Company, you will also need to provide your PayPal account information.
We do not allow for the collection of PII from our respondents. Instead, we use a unique tagging system that assigns a custom variable to each respondent entering a survey instead of a name or any other piece of identifying information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Website may use locally stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons: Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We also may have to share information or data in order to:
- process payments.
- meet any applicable regulation, legal process, law, regulation, or enforceable governmental request.
- prevent, confront, or otherwise detect security, fraud, or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the property, rights, or safety of our researchers, respondents, the public, or to SurveyHoney as required or permitted by law.
- enact a sale, merger, or change in control of all or any part of our business or company or in preparation for any of these events.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To connect you with survey opportunities, either from SurveyHoney’s Researchers directly or from third party survey providers.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for payment processing.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of SurveyHoney’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by SurveyHoney about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
With your consent we may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of SurveyHoney, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising: If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). You can also always opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]
- Promotional Offers from the Company: If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected] If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising: If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’; target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request [email protected] do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“N“) on the NAI’s website.
Sharing Your Information
SurveyHoney, by nature of its business, connects you with various third parties through their surveys or offers. In the event that you subscribe to or opt-in to a third party offer or survey, SurveyHoney may provide your information to the third party so that we can facilitate the relationship between you and the third party. SurveyHoney may disclose information to our providers who provide services such as website hosting, information technology, data analysis, and infrastructure services, email delivery, auditing, customer service, and other services. In many cases you will be asked directly by third parties to give them your personally identifiable information at which point, you have the right to consent or refuse consent. This may happen when you complete an offer or a survey or when you use their own websites or by other means. SurveyHoney is not responsible for any information which you provide to Third Parties. We recommend reviewing the privacy policies associated with those third parties.
We may also share your personal information and/or social-demographic information, including but not limited to, a unique respondent identification number, gender, postal code, marital status, education, ethnicity/race (where permitted by applicable law), employment-related information, and non-personally identifiable information on household members, with third party sample/market research companies for the purpose of identifying survey opportunities that you may be eligible for through these third parties.
As such, third party companies may share your social-demographic information with their clients or vendors. This includes information shared during an assignment, sale, reorganization effort, merger, transfer, disposition of part or all of our business, assets or stock including and not limited to bankruptcy, or joint venture.
We will not share your name, email address, or phone number with third party companies for entry into surveys. In connection with the sharing of your information with a third party company, your information may be transferred and stored outside of your country of residence, including, without limitation, in the United States. If you have any questions about this data sharing, please contact us using the details below. Your participation in such survey opportunities does not entitle you to any benefits offered by, or membership with, the third party companies. If you have any inquiries surrounding data sharing or would like to opt-out of having your information shared with third party companies, please contact support at [email protected]
Data Collected by Researchers
Researchers own, and are therefore data controllers of, the data collected through SurveyHoney’s survey panel service. SurveyHoney does not allow for the collection of PII from our respondents. Researchers manage all Researcher Data, as well as the users who create, manage, distribute, or report the Researcher Data. To the extent that SurveyHoney processes Researcher Data, SurveyHoney does so as a data processor on behalf of Researchers.
SurveyHoney does not store any project data once results have been delivered. Please note that, if a Researcher is using a third-party survey tool such as Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, Survey Gizmo, etc.then the tool may store project data and is subject to each individual companies’ encryption/security set-up.
SurveyHoney uses TLS (transport layer security) for the security/encryption of all transmitted data. It may sometimes be referred to as SSL or HTTPS. As such, respondents do not encounter the less-secure HTTP links anywhere in our data collection process with properly configured surveys.
Lastly, SurveyHoney only uses data centers present in the United States. All of our servers are secured by firewalls and have DDoS preventive measures enabled.
User Profile and Password
You have access to your personal information and you may correct, update, or delete your profile information and notification preferences at any time by signing into surveyhoney.com.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting Respondents’ profile access. Please note that you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique account information and password in perpetuity.
While the Company aims to protect your personal information from breaches, losses, modification, disclosure, or destruction, through security measures and maintenance, any provided information is subject to unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and exposed to inherent risks associated with using the Internet which could result in a potential compromise to the overall security of your data at any point in time. As such, we cannot guarantee the secure state of your information. However, SurveyHoney maintains best-efforts to prevent any such breaches, losses, modification, disclosure, or destruction.
Safety of Minors
SurveyHoney’s services are not intended for and may not be used by minors. “Minors” are defined as persons under the age of 13 (or under a higher age if dictated by the laws of their residence).
We do not knowingly collect personal data from Minors without parental consent or allow them to register as respondents. If it is discovered that we have collected personal data from a Minor without parental consent, we may delete the aforementioned data without notice.
Location of Data
GDPR and CCPA compliance
SurveyHoney is committed to granting respondents and researchers alike more control over your data in order to protect the privacy of those who interact with our service. As such, we’ve taken steps to ensure that we’re compliant with GDPR
Users can easily request access to their personal information -- simply contact [email protected]
to request access to or to update your personal information to maintain accuracy. Users have specific rights as defined within the CCPA, which have been explained throughout this document. To review your rights as written in the California Consumer Privacy Act, please click here.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected]
SurveyHoney automatically deletes data that no longer serves our business. Additionally, SurveyHoney will honor all requests to delete personally identifiable information though we may keep an aggregation of de-personalized information for accounting purposes. This de-personalized information will be anonymized so as to prevent re-identification. At any juncture, you can request that SurveyHoney stop processing your data by contacting [email protected]
. By interacting with our services, you consent to have your data processed by SurveyHoney. If at any time, you would like to revoke that consent, you may do so by contacting our support team at the email address listed above.
SurveyHoney commits to regularly reviewing data protection policies for updates, effectiveness, changes in data-handling, and other contributing factors.
or 2420 17th Street, Floor 3 Denver, CO 80202